As you consider a career as a Scrum Master you may be asking yourself what a typical ScrumMaster does all day.
In general a Scrum Master helps
- Facilitating the daily standup
- Helping the team maintain their burndown chart
- Setting up retrospectives, sprint reviews or sprint planning sessions
- Shielding the team from interruptions during the sprint
- Removing obstacles that affect the team
- Walking the product owner through more technical user stories
- Encouraging collaboration between the Scrum team and product owner
The agile team focuses on getting software developed. The Scrum Master focuses on making sure they follow the agile methodology that will lead to better results.
The Scrum Master acts as a buffer between the team and any process overhead Scrum can create.
Want to pass the Certified Scrum Master Exam (CSM). Practice as often as you want with our realistic csm mock exam.